Sunday, June 27, 2010

So I was thinking every two months is ok...right?

At least it is better than annually. :) So baseball at our house has come and gone. Satchel was really bummed when the season ended. He loved playing catcher and it was a position that picked on his own and is actually really good at. Andrew like coaching his team and it wouldn't have been possible without the help of Clayton (a friend of ours) and Robert (one of the parents). Gehrig liked playing and was always excited for his games but didn't see a lot of action since the kids are all pretty young.






My trip to Idaho was fun. On the way there Stephanie hit a poor beaver that was trying to play "chicken" on the freeway. I was able to get some reading in and a little shopping. What could be better?

Women's Conference was so nice. I love hanging out with Keli and we have 2 days to just hang out and laugh. We heard some really good talks and I ended up talking a lot of notes. We were also able to do service and get to know new people from all over the country.



(Baskin Robbins was having 39 cent scoop night...we HAD to be there...even if it was super cold and windy.)


The babies ended up having surgery. Andrew had to work so my mother-in-law came with me and my father-in-law took Emma. Both boys were so good. Everything took so much longer than anticipated so I worried about them being hungry but they did such a good job. William even fell asleep waiting for his turn. While Grandpa had Emma they went to get her nails painted. He paid to have them put little flowers on her thumbs and she was over the moon. She talked about it non-stop for days and keeps asking Papa when they are going again and if they will paint her toes this time. :)



William would not let that bowling pin go for the longest time. :)


Cute little Murphy was crying when they were doing his little exam before surgery...but still happy.


Summer started at the end of May. We have had a pretty relaxing summer so far....is that a nice way of saying we haven't been doing much? We have been to the splash park up here, gone to the zoo, gone to the movies, worked in our yard...and that is about it. They have swim lessons coming up though so that should provide a little variety for them.


Just this past Friday we had the opportunity to go see Toy Story 3. A friend of mine, Alison took our babies for us and I was "eternally grateful". :) hehe I am SO funny. Truthfully though it was nice to not have to wrestle them in the theatre AND it was the first show that Emma actually sat through without getting bored. In fact, she has brought it up for the past two days saying that she wants to go again to see Buzz, Woody and Jessie. Personally I think it was the popcorn and drinks that sealed the deal for her. LOL

3 comments:

The Marlatt's said...

The twins are so cute!! I hope they are doing good now. Reading your post makes me wish we lived there still. Maybe daisy, dots and doodles wouldn't have closed if we were all still there together! Love ya-Tell the boys Hi from the girls.

Keli said...

Nothing better than going to Baskin Robbins in 30 degree weather! I am just glad I had someone who is as crazy as me to go with :) Thanks!!!!

Bethany said...

YOur updating better than I am! I love updates " )
Love the picture of you and Keli " )