A few friends from our ward were camping up in Logan Canyon and so we decided to crash their party. We ended up only staying one night but it was really fun. The boys loved being there and busied themselves with telling scary stories, digging in the dirt, and playing with their friends. Emma was in love with the camp fire...thank goodness I had a good hold on her. Really she was just excited about everything because it was all new to her. In fact, she took the longest to go to bed because she was just bouncing in her playpen and talking.
Me, being the good mom I am, packed poorly. It is so hot where we live that I didn't even think that it would be cold in the mountains. You would think that I had never camped before! In the morning we all kind of lingered in our sleeping bags - in part because of my poor packing skills. Finally we got out and made pancakes on our new stove...you might notice that my pancakes are burnt...I was still trying to figure out what the correct temp was on that thing. Anyhow, we hung out for a little bit and then went to the lake. They had canoes and everything but we decided just to walk around for a bit and then came home (the flip-flops I was wearing weren't best for hiking...).
It really was beautiful and fun to hang out with friends. We are glad we were able to go.
(The lake by where we camped. Doesn't it look beautiful?)
(Another friend of our family - Jason and his girls fishing... and yet another thing we didn't think to pack.)

No comments:
Post a Comment